Under funding from The Nunavut Research Institute (NRI) and Irving Shipbuilding Inc., the Enhanced Capacity for Oil Spill Situational Awareness and Response in Nunavut (ECOSAR) project aims to build local capacity for oil spill monitoring and response in Nunavut.
For more information …
Polar View Selfie (Photo) Challenge; this is a unique opportunity to share your enthusiasm for Polar View and help bring together our team members from across Europe and North America to celebrate and recognize Polar View’s 10th anniversary….start snapping!
1. Take a selfie displaying the Polar View 10th Anniversary flag in a far-flung location with ice and snow, the more exotic the location (top of Everest wins the prize) and the more innovative/humorous the pose the better; (include a polar bear or two if you like!).
2. Post your photo on the blog at www.polarivew.org, once posted, tag another team member to enter the challenge. Alternatively email your photo to email@example.com.
3. Challenge categories include: most humorous, most exotic location, most beautiful,
4. Challenge runs until the end of our 10th Anniversary; that being to June 30, 2016.
5. Winners will be announced late summer 2016.
July 22, 2015
We are pleased to launch the premier issue of the Polar View newsletter. It will be our regular forum to keep the PVEO community up to date on current activities, events and the status of our projects. We hope you find it interesting and informative. Please let us know if you have any thoughts on improvements or future content. Enjoy!
June 12, 2015
The Polaris program will guide the development of the next generation of space infrastructure to support both scientific and operational information needs in the rapidly evolving Polar Regions.